Every child has felt pain in their lives, through falling, cuts, splinters… it’s always a struggle in the moment, the pain subsides, and they return to play. However, when pain persists for months, it is considered chronic and it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. There may be many reasons for this to happen and our pediatric physiotherapists can help determine what is going on and recommend the appropriate treatment plan. Chronic pain can affect your child’s daily function, emotions, social participation and more. After an injury, their system continues to perceive pain even if the injury itself has been resolved.
What are signs to look for?
- Pain that persists longer than 3 months
- Difficulty performing their daily activities
- Change in their emotions and social interactions
In a nutshell
How can we help your child?
- Assessment of biomechanics and applications of alignment solutions using a whole body approach
- Developing an exercise program specific to your child’s needs
- Educating families to empower them with tools they can use at home
- K-taping the feet and legs
- Desensitization of the affected area
- Whole body vibration
- Fascia release technique
- Alignment / Posture training