- Bachelor of Science (Anatomy and Cell Biology), McGill University
- Bachelor of Science Occupational Therapy, McGill University
- Sensory Integration Intensive - Visual-Vestibular Integration
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding
- Integrated Listening Systems - Safe and Sound Protocol
- Integrated Listening Systems - Focus Program
- Greenspan Floortime Approach
- Rhythmic Movement Training, Levels 1, 2, Face the Fear
After graduating from McGill University, Heather traveled to western Canada with her physician husband where they lived for 4 years while he was completing his residency program. Having held various positions in acute care hospitals in Saskatoon and Edmonton, she later became interested in pediatric rehabilitation and early intervention over 20 years ago. After relocating to Ontario, Heather worked in Ottawa as a consultant for schools and had the privilege of working with children of all ages, from newborns to teenagers.
Working with children has always been rewarding for Heather and she believes that being around children keeps her young and creative. She has travelled extensively to the United States for specialized training in Sensory Integration and trauma-based informed care.
Heather has a specific interest in helping children with sensory processing challenges, coordination difficulties, visual-perceptual challenges, all of which contribute to difficulties with learning. She has a passion for working with children of all abilities and believes that movement and exercise are keys to physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development for children.
Red, it makes me happy.
Dog. We have a mini-Goldendoodle named Furley. He tells me he wants to work at our clinic!
Maria from the Sound of Music. She loves to sing, dance and knows how to build trust and relationship with her children.