- Bachelor of Health Science with specialization in Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa
- Master of Health Sciences in Occupational Therapy, University of Ottawa
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Integrated Listening Systems - Safe and Sound Protocol
- Integrated Listening Systems - Focus Program
- Rhythmic Movement Training, Levels 1, 2
- Pediatric Neuroplasticity Interventions for Sensory and Primitive Reflex Integration
- Brain and Sensory Foundations Training
- Mental health modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, EMDR, and Brainspotting
- Trauma-Sensitive Practice
- Complex Feeding Issues: Sensory Motor, and Behavioral Techniques for Autism, Cerebral Palsy and other Developmental Delays
- Autism Certification Course: Strengths-Based CBT, Behavior, Sensorimotor, Social Strategies & More
Jessica has always had a desire to ensure that each child's life experience is as rich and positive as possible. She firmly believes in trauma-sensitive practice, the power of caregiver-child attachment, and finding creative and engaging ways that parents can support their child's growth and development day to day.
Jessica previously worked in school-based care and is experienced in addressing concerns related to fine and gross motor development, handwriting and written output, sensory processing, self-regulation, attention, and executive functions. She is particularly interested in working with children and youth with complex mental health concerns and neurodevelopmental challenges.
Jessica has a strong desire to continue expanding her knowledge to have various tools to choose from to ensure that the care she provides is holistic and individualized. She is fluently bilingual, providing services in both English and French.
In addition to being an occupational therapist, Jessica is also a wife and mother to six young children. She understands the reality that parents face when their child experiences difficulties, the strain it puts on the family, and the challenge of finding time to do all necessary to support each member of the family unit.
I love all the shades of green that are found in nature.
My favourite animal is my siberian-bengal kitten named Tellie because she is affectionate, loyal, and impressively agile.
I'd choose the power of healing like Julietta from Encanto and Lucy fromNarnia.